The Estuary Centre was established from the vision of two agencies, Kites Children’s Services and Mosaic Foster Care, working together to share their proven expertise and experience working with children and families for the past 18 years.
Particularly areas of expertise are interventions to address harmful sexual behaviour and child sexual abuse, and the impact of significant trauma on global development.
From our base in Westcliff-on-sea, Essex we provide bespoke assessment and intervention services for children and families as well as training and consultation to outside agencies. We welcome referrals from social services, CAMHs, health, YOS, education, fostering and residential services as well as directly from the community we serve.
We also provide placement support services to address potential placement breakdown. This includes initial assessment leading to recommended intervention.
Key treatment areas available
at The Estuary Centre, Westcliff include:
- Attachment difficulties
- Trauma from abuse and neglect
- Management and intervention for harmful sexual behaviour
- Interventions with young people at risk of sexual exploitation
- Intervention for victims of sexual abuse
- Intervention in relation to delinquent presentation, self-harming and risk taking behaviour
- Parental Capacity to Protect assessment
The Estuary Centre works with children and young people across the age range, and with parents and carers and is staffed by highly qualified and experienced therapists and social workers who have expertise within the treatment areas highlighted.